The following server requirements cover both running the software on-premise and on third-party PaaS providers.
The minimal setup requires PHP, MySQL/MariaDB, Apache/Nginx, Node.js and
Recommendation for production setups is to use Varnish/Fastly, Redis/Memcached, NFS/EFS/S3 and Solr/Elasticsearch in a clustered setup.
Using the latest listed version of each product or component is always recommended.
- Debian 10.x "Buster"
- Ubuntu 20.04 "Focal Fossa"
- RHEL / CentOS 8.1+
- Nginx 1.18 or higher
- Apache 2.4 (with required modules
mod_expires; event MPM is recommended, if you need to use prefork you also need the
- MariaDB 10.3, 10.4
- MySQL 8.0
- PostgreSQL 10+
php-pear(optional, provides pecl)
php-imagick(via pecl on RHEL/CentOS)
Cluster PHP packages¶
- For content search, Solr 7.7 LTS or Solr 8, recommended 8.11.1 or higher. Alternatively, Elasticsearch 7.16.2 or higher 7.x version.
- For BinaryFile Field indexing, Apache Tika 1.20 or higher 1.x version, recommended 1.28.1 or higher.
- The above solutions require Oracle Java/Open JDK. The minimum requirement is 8 LTS, recommended 11 LTS. Newer versions are not supported.
Optionally if you intend to edit PNG, SVG, GIF or WEBP files in the Image Editor, or use it with image variations:
- Pngquant 2
- SVGO 1
- Linux NFS or S3/EFS (for IO, aka binary files stored in content repository, not supported with legacy)
- Redis 4.0+, 5.0 or higher (separate instances for session and cache, both using a
volatile-*eviction policy, session instance configured for persistence) or Memcached 1.5 or higher
- Varnish 6.0LTS with varnish-modules or Fastly using the provided bundle (for HttpCache)
- Linux ext4 / XFS
- Composer: recent 2.1 version
yarn1.15.2 or higher
Ibexa DXP is developed to work with any web browser that supports modern standards, on any screen resolution suitable for web, running on any device. However for the Editorial and Administration User Interfaces you'll need; a minimum of 1366-by-768 screen resolution, a desktop or tablet device, and a recommended/supported browser among the ones found below.
- Mozilla® Firefox® most recent stable version (recommended)
- Google Chrome™ most recent stable version (recommended)
- Chromium™ based browsers such as Microsoft® Edge® and Opera®, most recent stable version, desktop and tablet
- Apple® Safari® most recent stable version, desktop and tablet
Ibexa Cloud requirements and setup¶
Cloud hosting with Ibexa Cloud and Platform.sh¶
In general, Ibexa Cloud supports all features and services of Platform.sh that are compatible and supported by the Ibexa DXP version you use.
- Platform.sh provides Redis support for versions 3.2, 4.0 and 5.0. Ibexa DXP supports Redis version 4.0 or higher, and recommends 5.0. As a result, Redis is supported on Ibexa Cloud in versions 4.0 and 5.0, but 5.0 is recommended.
Features or services supported by Ibexa DXP but not covered by Platform.sh may be possible by means of a custom integration.
Ibexa Cloud Setup support matrix¶
All Ibexa DXP features are supported in accordance with the example above. For example: As Legacy Bridge is not supported with v3, it is not supported on Ibexa Cloud either.
As Platform.sh does not support a configuration with multiple PostgreSQL databases, for Ibexa Cloud / Platform.sh it is impossible to have a DFS table in a separate database.
Recommended Ibexa Cloud setup¶
For more details on recommended setup configuration see bundled
.platform/ configuration files.
These files are kept up-to-date with latest recommendations and can be improved through contributions.
Supported Ibexa Cloud setup¶
Because of the large range of possible configurations of Ibexa DXP, there are many possibilities beyond what is provided in the default recommended configuration.
Make sure to set aside time and budget for:
- Verifying your requirements and ensuring they are supported by Platform.sh
- Additional time for adaptation and configuration work, and testing by your development team
- Additional consulting/onboarding time with Platform.sh, Ibexa technical services, and/or one of the many partners with prior experience using Platform.sh with Ibexa DXP
The cost and effort of this is not included in Ibexa Cloud subscription and will vary depending on the project.
Features supported by Ibexa DXP, but not natively by Platform.sh, can in many cases be used by means of custom integrations with external services.
For example, you can create an integration with S3 by means of setting up your own S3 bucket and configuring the relevant parts of Ibexa DXP. We recommend giving the development team working on the project access to the bucket to ensure work is done in a DevOps way without depending on external teams when changes are needed.