Tags (taxonomy) enable you to organize content using keywords and create relationships between them to make it easier for users to find the content they need. You can create many taxonomies and classify the content according to your needs.
In the site tree in the left panel, you can create a hierarchy of all tags and navigate in the platform. Working with the Taxonomy tree is similar to working with the Content structure tree.
There are two ways to create tags: directly in the taxonomy tree or by clicking the Create button in the Tags section.
- To create a new tag using taxonomy tree, in the left panel click Content -> Tags.
- In the Root section, click the three dots icon on the level/place you want to add new tag and select Add tag.
- Enter a unique name for the new tag.
- Add the tag's identifier.
- (Optional) Add tag description.
- To set the parent category, click the Select parent button.
- To save a new tag, click Save.
Now, the tag is visible in the taxonomy tree.
Assign tag to content from taxonomy tree¶
When you edit or create a Content Type, in the section Select tags, you can add a tag by typing or clicking Select from tree. You can add many tags.
Add tag translation¶
If you have more than one language version of your site, you can also translate tags used in the site into the target language.
- Go to the Tags section.
- Click a tag and go to the Translations tab.
- Click +Add new and from the available languages, set the source and target language.
- To finish, click Create.
You can delete tags directly from the taxonomy tree. Go to Tags section.
- Click the three dots icon next to the tag you want to delete.
- From the context menu, select Delete.
View all Content items with specific tag¶
You can view a list of all Content items which are tagged with the given tag. To do it, go to Tags section. In the taxonomy tree click the respective tag and go to the Content tab.