The Personalization service is based on a client-server architecture. The recommendation client that is part of your installation must connect to the server that is run and maintained by Ibexa. To use the service, you must make arrangements with Ibexa to define the initial configuration, and then get and set up authentication parameters.
Request access to the server¶
After you get the initial configuration from Ibexa, you must accept the terms and conditions of the Personalization service and create an account to get access to the server.
First, you must accept the terms and conditions of the Personalization service.
1. Go to the Back Office.
2. On the left panel, go to Personalization > Dashboard.
3. On the welcome screen, provide the following details:
- A full name of the person responsible for accepting the terms and conditions
- An email address to which you want the confirmation to be sent
- An installation key that can be found on the Maintenance and Support agreement details page in the service portal
4. Select the I have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions checkbox, and then click Submit.
5. Next, enter the project name or your brand name.
6. From the Type drop-down, select the account type (Commerce or Publisher).
7. To proceed, click Next. After a few moments, a screen with your ID and license key displays.
Set up service parameters¶
When you receive the the credentials, ask your administrator to: