The administration dashboard is the entry point to configure and control the Personalization Solution. It is split into several sections:
- The top section contains tiles with the most important metrics, such as a number of recommendation calls, number of successful recommendations and so on.
- The diagrams section presents statistical information on how the recommendation engine is used and how successful - depending on the KPIs - recommendations are.
- The bottom section is made up of tables with detailed information, such as the most popular items, or top purchases.
The diagram part consists of four main blocks:
- Collected events: The input data (clicks, buy, clickrecommended, ...) which is going into the recommendation engine for the customer website. For more information, see Event Types.
- Recommendation calls: The number of recommendation calls (total and per scenario).
- Revenue: The effectiveness of recommendations regarding clicked recommendations, revenue through recommendations.
- Conversion rate: An absolute number of converted/sold recommendations.
The conversion (or click-through) rate is an indicator of the acceptance and therefore the quality of recommendations. It is calculated as follows: The total number of clicked recommended products divided by the amount of recommendation calls. This statistic only delivers reliable information if the tracking is implemented correctly.
The revenue-through-recommendations is a monetary value which was additionally created by recommendations. It is calculated as follows: If a user buys product A and has clicked on it as a recommendation within 30 minutes before we assume it was sold through a recommendation.
Purchased recommendations is the plain number of sold recommendations without any revenue/price information.
All statistical information can be downloaded in MS Excel format. The timeframes depend on the selection of the diagram period (day, week, month, 3 months and year) but can also be customized.
The top bar provides you with access to the following pages, where you can configure the Personalization Solution.
This tab allows you to see all available models and configure them. For more information, see Recommendation Models.
The scenario overview shows all available scenarios. Additional info like a description and the delivered recommendations in the selected timeframes are also presented.
Scenarios with green status bars indicate that all models can provide recommendations. Yellow bars indicate that only a part of the configured models can provide recommendations and red ones indicate that no recommendations can be delivered. For more infromation, see Scenarios.
Item import jobs are used to fetch data from a customer system. Data-mappings and schedule times are defined here.