eZ Platform v1.8.0¶
The FAST TRACK v1.8.0 release of eZ Platform and eZ Platform Enterprise Edition is available as of February 16, 2017.
If you are looking for the Long Term Support (LTS) release, see https://ezplatform.com/Blog/Long-Term-Support-is-Here
This release contains special steps to follow further described in Updating eZ Platform.
Notable Changes Since v1.7.0 LTS¶
- In Universal Discovery Widget (UDW) the browse view now uses a completely new browser widget, which replaces Treeview. This solves limitations on how many items you can browse for, and provides a more intuitive user experience.
- Improvements in the Online Editor:
- You now have the ability to rearrange elements in the editor by moving them up and down.
- You can now add links to internal content items in the Online Editor, decide in which tab the link should open, and set link title:
- Improvements to the Sub-Items view of a Content Item: You can now sort content items by clicking column headings
- The main titles of the ContentTypeView now expand and retract with an accordion function
- Updated and added icons for the Admin Interface
- The whole interface of PlatformUI is now translatable using Crowdin, including in-context translation where you can navigate the interface while translating. A glossary has been established to aid in unified usage of terminology throughout. Contributions welcome!
Under the Hood¶
- New opt-in approach to HttpCache to improve usability as well as performance by means of:
- Cache multi-tagging: allowing you to tag pages with a path, location, type, parent, etc. so the repository can clear cache in a more targeted, accurate, and flexible way, getting rid of any "clear all" situations on complex operations.
- For Varnish this uses xkey instead of BAN, enabling greater performance by allowing you to control grace time.
- This also places HttpCache in a separate repo, allowing it to grow independently: see https://github.com/ezsystems/ezplatform-http-cache
content/publishpolicy to be able to configure
content/editrights independently from publish rights
- Community-provided translations of the user interface may be imported individually to conserve resources
- Replaced deprecated templating helper assets with assets packages service
- Localization of handlebar templates
- Also part of v1.7.1 from the end of January:
- Solr: Solving last issues in UI hindering relative ranking of search results from working properly
- API: Respect
newContentCreateStructsolving issues with for instance Kaliop Migrations bundle use
- Landing pages: Better support for wider range of multi-site setups
- Online Editor: Ability to change a paragraph to header and back
For the complete list of fixes and improvements, see the GitHub release notes: https://github.com/ezsystems/ezplatform/releases/tag/v1.8.0
eZ Platform Enterprise Edition¶
- New fields are available for the Form Builder:
- File Upload
Under the Hood¶
- StudioUI is now fully ready for Internationalization
Updated eZ Platform/EE Demo Distributions¶
- You can now search and filter products in the Product Page of the EE Demo distribution:
Full list of new features, improvements and bug fixes since v1.7.0 LTS:¶
- Download at eZPlatform.com
- Customers: eZ Enterprise subscription (BUL License)
- Partners: Test & Trial software access (TTL License)
If you would like to become familiar with the products, request a demo.
To update the product, follow the updating guide.